The Sodality of the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary was formed on February 2, 2013, under the spiritual direction of Father James Carroll, C.S.P.V. The patroness of the sodality is the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of her Purification.
The General Mission of this sodality is to promote true Christian charity, the love of God and of our neighbor, and Christian family life.
- To spread devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate and Sorrowful Heart of Mary.
- To promote frequent attendance at Mass, especially the First Friday and First Saturday Masses.
- To promote the reception of Holy Communion.
- To pray the daily Rosary and the monthly community Rosary.
The primary duties of the members of the sodality are:
- To participate in the Community Rosary, which will be prayed at 7:30 pm on the Wednesday following the third Sunday of every month at St. Joseph's Novitiate in Round Top, NY. (This Rosary will be offered for the special intentions of the members of the sodality).
- To assist the needy.
- To visit the sick.
- To care for the grounds of our chapel by assisting on the parish work days.
Members of the sodality are asked to perform the following spiritual works:
- Assist at First Friday and First Saturday Masses.
- Choose certain virtues, saints or practices according to the season.
- Spend a half hour to one hour at All Night Adoration/Forty Hours/Altar of Repose.